Stuffed bell peppers
This stuffed bell pepper recipe by @ottolenghi was a favourite of ours long before we started making vegan cheese. We've swapped in our plant based gorgonzola and parmesan to create a fully vegan version! Recipe below:
I N G R E D I E N T S
150g vegan butter
700g mix of root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1cm dice **we like to mix kohlrabi with a few potatoes and beetroot
10g fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems
100g grated Plant Based Parmesan
2 garlic cloves, crushed
40g capers, roughly chopped
3 small yellow peppers
3 small red peppers
2 tsp olive oil
180g Plant Based Gorgonzola
10g parsley, roughly chopped
salt and black pepper
D I R E C T I O N S
1. Preheat oven to 250 C.
2. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the root vegetables, thyme, 1½ teaspoons salt, and some black pepper. Cook on low heat, uncovered, for ±50 minutes, stirring from time to time until the root vegetables are soft and caramelised.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, cut the peppers in half lengthwise, keeping the stalks on. Remove the seeds and white flesh, and place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet lined with baking paper. Drizzle the oil over the top, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and place in the oven for ±30 minutes, until the peppers are slightly charred and the flesh is soft. Remove the peppers from the oven and turn down to 220 C.
4. When the vegetables are finished cooking, use a slotted spoon to remove them from butter and add it to a large bowl, along with the plant based parmesan, garlic, and capers. Mix well.
5. When the peppers are finished baking, spoon the mixture into each pepper and dot the plant based gorgonzola on top. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
6. Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!